The people in charge. From the partner to the head of interior design.
We consider architecture from the perspective of the human being.
And we consider it holistically. Only in this way is it possible to grasp construction projects in all their complexity – and come up with persuasive architectural solutions. The aim is to build truly efficient, sustainable buildings – which means taking into account ecological, economic and sociocultural aspects in the architectural deliberations and actions. We regard every construction project as a fresh task and respond to each architectural question specifically.
In this regard, the location, context and purpose are key.
We design buildings on two levels: In terms of urban planning, we integrate buildings intelligently into a developed urban landscape. In architectural terms, we design individual buildings that merge technical and aesthetic aspects to create a logical solution. We are large and international enough to tackle exacting projects. And we’re nimble enough to be fast and efficient in doing so. We live, design, and build for today. With the utmost respect for architectural traditions. And with a keen sense of what tomorrow will require.
The management team
Dipl.-Ing. Architect S.M. Architect/MIT
Brita Alexandra Kanis
Head of Financial Administration
Director, Member of the Frankfurt office management team (spokesman), Head of Construction Management
Managing Director International, Member of the Frankfurt office management team
Head of Office Munich
Director, Member of the Frankfurt office management team
Dipl-Ing. Architect BDA
Head of Office Braunschweig/Hamburg
General Manager, China
Vice General Manager, China
Head of Office Berlin
Dipl-Ing. Architect BDA
Head of Legal Affairs
Further contact persons
Head of Design Berlin
Head of Business Development Benelux & France
Assistant Head of Office, Munich
Assistant Director, Assistant Head of Construction Management
Anne Hina Mallette
Head of Design Braunschweig
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Architect, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) interior design
Head of Central Design Team
Head of Design Munich
Head of Public Relations
Head of Digital Practice
Head of Quality Control Planning
Horst Robert Schinschke
Dipl.-Ing. Architect M.A.
Head of Public Relations
We take a holistic approach to designing buildings: from the urban setting to the door handles.
KSP Engel is as much as a thinktank as it is a provider of services relating to architecture and real estate. Our teams are interdisciplinary, their skills tried and tested in countless projects. Enabling us to offer a full range of planning and construction-related services: from the design and general planning to construction management and even product design. Not to mention special services such as consulting, property-related expert opinions and studies, examinations of possible sites or building analyses. We stand for the holistic linkage of all the architectural disciplines. For reliable control and communication loops. And for excellent quality management (ISO 9001-certified since January 2015).
We have a clear approach to architectural tasks. We see the diversity of our architecture as an opportunity.
Part of good architecture is the intelligent integration of buildings into a developed urban fabric
Interior architecture and product design
KSP Engel aims to think and to build holistically.
We not only secure costs and deadlines, but also consistently implement the planned design quality.
We combine our competence in architecture with our know-how in terms of structure and control.
We provide our clients with comprehensive advice on every project.
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Our digital planning approach on the basis of BIM ensures the close dovetailing of design, planning and construction management.
We are based where our developers are based.
We are an architectural practice active internationally, with a staff from 40 different nations. We create efficient and sustainable buildings.
Because we want to be present where our clients are on the ground, we have adopted a decentral structure – with five offices in Berlin, Braunschweig, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich as well as international hubs in Beijing and Shenzhen. Each office has its very own profile – and yet together with the others forms a closely-woven know-how network.
Welcome to the capital. We have been working in our own premises here since 1995. During that time, we have contributed various projects to Berlin’s lively construction scene – from office and administrative buildings such as the HumboldthafenEins to schools and city housing developments. One of our specializations is modernizing buildings’ energy systems.
Our office is located in an old building on the famous Ku’damm and the atmosphere is familial and studio-like – and thus scope is intentionally created for intense architectural discussion and creative exchange. At the same time, we are naturally closely connected to the greater KSP Engel network – and therefore in a position to realize architecturally demanding and large-scale projects.
Hannes Meisehen, Head of the Berlin Office
Braunschweig is particularly important to KSP Engel: It was the original headquarters of our architecture firm before it evolved into an international group with multiple branches. And: many of our leading staff members began their architectural careers as students at the Technical University of Braunschweig.
Now the Braunschweig office is the second biggest of KSP Engel’s branches. It is also the location of two important departments: the administrative department and contract management, and it is where some multi-award-winning projects have been developed over the last few years, including the Documentation Center for the Bergen-Belsen Memorial Site and the headquarters of Hamburg Süd.
Ulrich Gremmelspacher, Director of the Braunschweig Office
It is in Frankfurt that all the threads come together. Here, in KSP Engel’s biggest office, is where senior management works alongside around 170 of the total payroll of 271. Central services for the firm as a whole, such as Public Relations and Marketing, are likewise based here, as is the management of GP and KSP Engel International GmbH.
The main focus areas of our services include renovations, conversions and – naturally, and in keeping with Frankfurt – high-rise construction.
Office management: Dirk Bohnstedt (Spokesman), Thomas Busse, Ulf Gatzke-Yu
The latest addition to KSP Engel’s branch network is centrally located on Hamburg’s Hohe Bleichen. In the beautiful, modern premises there, our small, experienced team has already realized some remarkable projects in and around Hamburg. One example is the conference center at the Hotel Le Royal Méridien. Another is the Lohsepark. We are looking forward to more.
Ulrich Gremmelspacher, Director of the Hamburg Office
Founded in 2000, we are the second-youngest domestic branch of KSP Engel. Even our very first project in the Bavarian state capital was a resounding success, involving the planning and construction of the inner-city commercial and residential development “Theresie”, which lies close to Munich’s famous Theresienwiese.
Typical services provided by KSP Engel Munich include housing construction, development of office buildings and hospital planning – not least the new-build development of the Surgery and Dermatology departments at the Ulm University Teaching Hospital. At the same time, one of our greatest strengths is planning according to the highest standards of sustainability. Three of the office buildings planned in Bavaria were successfully DGNB-certified.
Christian Eichinger and Anja Keller, Director and Deputy Director of the Munich Office
KSP Engel has had a presence in the Chinese capital for more than 15 years. Our projects here are generally the result of success in international competitions. A prominent example is the Chinese National Library in Beijing: a library building with 2,000 reading places and around 12 million books, which is considered one of the country’s 100 most important buildings. Other cultural buildings developed according to our plans include the Nanjing Art Museum, the Tianjin Art Museum and the Meixi Urban Helix.
Markus Lauber and Emily Liang, General Manager and Vice General Manager of the Beijing Office
In addition to our established branch in Beijing, since 2018 we have also had an office in Shenzhen – as a result of winning a number of competitions in China. Our team works in the heart of the city’s design and art-scene district within a coworking space that is part of the new “OCT Loft” development. Examples of the prestigious projects it has worked on include the Shenzhen Art Museum & Library and the Bio-Enterprise Campus.
Markus Lauber and Emily Liang, General Manager and Vice General Manager of the Shenzhen Office
Validation and motivation. Our latest awards and accolades.
- International Architecture Award 2021 Grand Mosque, Algier 2021
- ICONIC Awards - Innovative Architecture - Winner Maintor WinX, Frankfurt/Main 2021
- ICONIC Awards - Innovative Architecture - Best of Best Gleis Park, Berlin 2021
- ICONIC Award Innovative Architecture - Winner SAP, Eschborn 2020
- ICONIC Award Innovative Architecture - Best of Best FSB 1271 2020
- Shenzhen Architecture Design Prize, 1st prize Shenzhen Art Museum & Library, Shenzhen 2019
- ICONIC Award Innovative Architecture - Best of Best Deutsche Bank Campus, Frankfurt/Main 2018
- ICONIC Award Innovative Architecture - Winner Meixi Urban Helix, Changsha 2018
- AL Design Awards 2018 Commendable Achievement Exterior Lighting Meixi Urban Helix, Cangsha 2018
- BDA prize Hamburg, 1st prize Headquarters Hamburg Süd, Hamburg 2018
- FIABCI Prix d'Excellence Germany, Gold UPPER WEST, Berlin 2018
- FIABCI Prix d'Excellence International HumboldtHafenEins, Berlin 2016
- REAL ESTATE BRAND AWARDS - 2nd prize 2016
- Immobilienmanager Award HumboldtHafenEins, Berlin 2016
- German Design Award - Special Mention Kategorie "Interior Architecture" ELEMENTS Eschenheimer Turm, Frankfurt/Main 2016
- Immobilienaward - Metropolregion Stuttgart, Recognition CityGate, Stuttgart 2015
- Peter-Joseph Krahe Preis - Recognition Wasserwelt, Braunschweig 2015
- Peter-Joseph Krahe Preis - Recognition Martino-Katharineum, Braunschweig 2015
- ICONIC Award - Category "Interior - Hospitality", Winner ELEMENTS Eschenheimer Turm, Frankfurt/Main 2015
- BDA prize Hugo-Häring - Mention Surgical Clinic, University Medical Center, Ulm 2014
- Green Building Award Deutsche Börse, Eschborn 2013
- ICONIC Award - Category "Architecture - Public", Winner Art Museum, Tianjin, China 2013
- AKG-Award „Outstanding Health Building 2013“ Surgical Clinic, University Medical Center, Ulm 2013
- European Architecture Prize - Energy + Architecture - Recognition Deutsche Börse, Eschborn 2012
- State of Lower Saxony Prize for Architecture - Shortlist Neue Burg, Wolfsburg 2012
- Architecure prize Zukunft Wohnen Neue Burg, Wolfsburg 2012
- BDA prize Lower Saxony Neue Burg, Wolfsburg 2012
- BDA prize Lower Saxony - Shortlist Martino Katharineum-Gymnasium, Braunschweig 2012
- Mipim Award MainTor, Frankfurt/Main 2012
- Haihe Cup, 1st prize Sports Arena, Tianjin, China 2011
- immobilienmanager.AWARD Bienenkorbhaus, Frankfurt/Main 2010
- CTBUH Award - Finalist Palais Quartier, Frankfurt/Main 2010
- Design for Asia Award - Bronze Award Jiangsu Provincal Art Museum, Nanjing, China 2010
- immobilienmanager.AWARD Justice and Administration Center, Wiesbaden 2009
- Museumspreis Niedersachsen Documentation Center Bergen-Belsen 2009
- BDA prize Lower Saxony Documentation Center Bergen-Belsen 2009
- Prime Property Award, 3rd prize WestendDuo, Frankfurt/Main 2008
- State of Lower Saxony Prize for Architecture Documentation Center Bergen-Belsen 2008
- International Highrise Award Special - prize for sustainability WestendDuo, Frankfurt/Main 2008
- „Beton“ Architecture Prize - Mention Documentation Center Bergen-Belsen 2008
- If product design award Sanitary installation system HEWI S01 2008
- red dot design award Sanitary installation system HEWI S01 2008
- Architecure prize Siegen Apollo-Theater, Siegen 2007
- Architecture Award in Hesse, BDA Hesse, Johann Wilhelm Lehr badge Nassauische Sparkasse, Wiesbaden 2007
- Immobilien Award German Air Traffic Control, Langen 2003
- 2nd Federation wide Architectural Prize Plaster - 2nd prize Press and Information Ministry of the German Government, Berlin 2002
- Prize Energieland Hessen DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung, Langen 2002
- Award for Innovations "Architecture and Office" - Special Award Desk Conlight - MABEG 2001
- Innovation award Architecture and Technology - 1st prize Nassauische Sparkasse, Wiesbaden 2000
- BDA-Price Lower Saxony Office building Mandelnstraße, Braunschweig 2000
- LEED Gold Certificate GfK Kohlenhof, Nürnberg 2025
- LEED Platinum Certificate awarded CANYON, Frankfurt/Main 2025
- BREEAM Excellent awarded European Commission, Luxembourg 2024
- DGNB Platin Certificate Highrise WinX, Frankfurt/Main 2020
- DGNB Platin Certificate KPMG Headquarters, Berlin 2018
- LEED Gold Certificate Kornmarkt Arkaden, Frankfurt/Main 2018
- LEED Gold Certificate Highrise SAP, Eschborn 2018
- DGNB Gold Certificate Highrise UPPER West, Berlin 2017
- LEED Gold Certificate VISTA, Frankfurt/Main 2017
- DGNB Gold Certificate M_Eins, Berlin 2017
- DGNB Gold Precertification Meine Mitte, Berlin 2017
- LEED Platin Certificate Deutsche Bank Campus, Frankfurt/Main 2017
- LEED Gold Certificate KVH Kassenärtzliche Vereinigung, Frankfurt/Main 2016
- DGNB Gold Certificate Le Quartier Central, Düsseldorf 2016
- LEED Gold Certificate Deutsche Telekom AG - City Nord, Hamburg 2016
- DGNB Platin Certificate CityGate, Stuttgart 2015
- DGNB Platin Certificate HumboldtHafenEins, Berlin 2015
- DGNB Platin Certificate MainTor Primus, Frankfurt/Main 2014
- DGNB Platin Certificate Highrise MainTor Porta, Frankfurt/Main 2014
- DGNB Platin Certificate BT 10 Officebuilding at the Park, Wolfsburg 2013
- BREEAM very good 10 Charlotte, Luxemburg 2013
- DGNB Gold Certificate Arrow, Neu-Isenburg 2013
- DGNB Gold Certificate Evangelisches Werk, Berlin 2012
- DGNB Silver Certificate Hammerbrook Höfe, Hamburg 2012
- DGNB Silber Certificate Pariser Höfe, Stuttgart 2012
- DGNB Gold Certificate AURON, München 2010
- LEED Platin Certificate Deutsche Börse, Eschborn 2010
- DGNB Gold Certificate Highrise Nextower, Frankfurt/Main 2010
- DGNB Silver Certificate ATMOS, München 2008
- DGNB Gold Certificate AURON, München 2007
- DGNB Silber Certificate Laim 290, München 2006
- ARCHITECTDOCUMENTS -Learning from Algiers by KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten (KAZ im KUBA, Kassel - 10. Juni - 17. September 2017) 2017
- Ausstellung des Forums Architektur + Stadtmuseum Schloss Wolfsburg „Bauen und Wohnen in Wolfsburg 1960 und heute.“ (November 2016) 2016
- Constructing Culture im designxport amburg / CHINA TIME 2016
- NAX Ausstellung Paris „Contemporary Architecture. Made in Germany“ (Juli 2015) 2015
- DAM Hochhaus-Ausstellung (8. November 2014 bis 19. April 2015) 2015
- Constructing Culture in der Architekturgalerie München 2015
- Constructing Culture im Bikini Berlin 2015
- Constructing Culture Turmcarrée Frankfurt/Main 2014
Head of Office Munich